- This event has passed.
Defensive Shooting Fundamentals Level 1 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.- ISRA.org- Bonfield, Illinois
September 18, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CDT
An additional $30 purchase is needed for this class. Details will be sent in your confirmation email or call 1-877-577-4800.
Defensive Shooting Fundamentals will guide you through the steps you’ll need to take to go from just sending rounds downrange to actually training in specific, tested methods of armed self-defense. From stance to grip to physical shooting technique, Defensive Shooting Fundamentals Level 1 will help you hone the edge on your inner warrior expert. You’ll get your body working with your gun instead of against it, you’ll learn which intuitive skills work best with what your body will naturally do while under stress in a combat situation, and you’ll learn to apply this information simply and effectively – regardless of your skill level.
What Do I bring?
• A good quality handgun, suitable for self-protection and/or concealed carry. Remember that you will be firing approximately 500 rounds during this class, so ultra-lightweight firearms, though suitable for concealed carry, are not a good choice for class use. If you have any questions about the suitability of your gun, please contact us. It is a good idea to bring a spare gun, if you have one, just in case your primary gun breaks
• A good quality holster. You need a safe, quality holster and belt.
• A minimum of 3 magazines or speed loaders for your handgun.
• A magazine pouch/holder for at least 2 of your spare magazines or speed loaders.
• A sturdy belt, to support the above.
• Hearing protection.
• Eye protection.
• Billed cap or other brimmed head wear.
• At least 500 rounds of decent quality, reliable ammunition. Range ammunition (FMJ etc.) is fine. You do not need to use premium self defense ammo for this course.
• Clothing suitable for the weather and the range. If necessary, we will finish our range work in whatever conditions exist at class time, live-fire classes run rain or shine, mud may be involved.
• Rain gear plus a light jacket and sweater or sweatshirt (mornings and evenings can be cold.
• Note taking materials.
• Firearm cleaning supplies plus any tools / lubricants that you might need.
• A flashlight. Although we will not be doing any night shooting, it can get getting dark fairly early and some of our facilities have no lighting at the range. A flashlight might be handy for packing up your gear and getting to your car.
Please note that the above list is just the essentials. You may bring additional items (such as a range bag, extra magazines, folding chairs etc.), if you choose.
Our range location has portable toilets, but no running water. For your comfort you might want to bring wipes, disposable washcloths and / or hand sanitizer.
Please bring your own lunches, snacks, beverages etc. We will have a “working lunch”